Sunday, May 11, 2008

Looking Up

The eternal, never-ending rain has stopped, and I'm writing this diary entry outside in the courtyard during passing time, near the Whomping Willow. I have so much to say...

I've started to know all my fellow 'Claws very well. Mum would be happy. Every night we knit in the common room when our assignments are complete (although it doesn't take us very long--we're Ravenclaws, remember?)

And I guess the other students respect me as well. I might be a bit of an oddball to them, as I was the only one who asked our herbology teacher, Prof. Longbottom, for his autograph (HELLO! He was one of the students who was with Harry Potter and fought against You-Know-Who! I was ecstatic to meet him). But they respect me for my weirdness, I suppose.

We've started a Hogwarts-wide knitting swap. I'm surprised how many Hogwarts students knit--almost a hundred joined the swap! Before the term ends, I have to give my swap partner (or spoilee, as it's called) a knitted parcel, sock yarn, handmade stitch markers, knitting patterns, and brand new needles.

I've been assigned to Cassandra Puddlemere, and she's a Slytherin Head Girl! I already have some ideas, but I think I might have to sneak into the Slytherin Common Room one night to get to know her better. It might even be fun knitting with the Slytherins!

My spoiler, on the other hand, is Clidonia Acromantula from Hufflepuff. She likes frogs--her two pet frogs even sing! I think I'm going to ask her if they know any songs by Queen. I would laugh at hearing them sing "We Are the Champions"!

Well, I think this term is going to be very interesting. I have to go, diary--class is beginning soon! I don't want to be late!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Daisy!

You need to vome up to my room at some point and see how the frogs are coming! I'm working on the Queen Catalog with them. Right now, they're stuck on We Will Rock you and Bohemian Rhapsody. It is quite fun...any other good requests for songs? My brother has a few one hit wonders from the 1980's that he's taught them..and they drive me nuts with!

Clidonia :)

Cassandra Puddlemere said...

You are more than welcome to come and knit with us Slytherins! I'll even save you a cozy chair by the fire! We are in the process od redecorating the common room. It is a little dark in there. We need more light and color and warmth. As soon as its done, I'll send you an owl!