Thursday, May 8, 2008

Rainy Days

It's raining outside already, and it's only September. Mum told me I would get soaked at this school, but I guess I didn't believe her. Or I didn't want to. I miss the sun already.

I don't have classes this morning, so I'm stuck inside my dormitory while all the other Ravenclaws are eating breakfast, taking my time getting ready. It's not that I don't want to socialize--I just--don't open up to people quickly. Don't mesh.

No, I'm NOT avoiding anyone! Why does my conscience immediately jump to that conclusion? No, I'm just...not hungry.

And I HAVE been socializing a lot lately--every night, the other Ravenclaws still pull out that knitting of theirs and I join them. I don't get how they can talk and count rows at the same time, so I'm mostly quiet while chanting my mantra: "Knit, purl, knit, purl..."

...okay, there is some room for improvement on the socializing thing. They are all very nice people. They weren't complete yarn snobs at all. So you know what? I'll go and eat breakfast with them--promise. I'll just finish my diary entry...get changed...

Okay, tomorrow, then. Tomorrow I'll be more outgoing. Tomorrow it will stop raining and things will start looking up. The last thing I want to do is feel sorry for myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy Ive seen you in the hallways and just wanted to say Hi :)