Saturday, May 17, 2008

Busy Week

It's been so hectic here at school that I haven't found the time to write. Between getting through classes and knitting up a Ravenclaw scarf for the upcoming Quidditch games, I guess I haven't had a chance to catch up on my diary entries.

Classes have been great--well, at least some of them. Like Transfiguration and Charms. We've already learned to levitate things (Wingardium Leviosa!) and calling things to us (Accio!) Some of us first years have already learned to put the spells to good use. Like retrieving lost knitting needles--not that I would know or anything...

Astronomy has been keeping me up late, though. At home Mum would always tuck my sister and I in bed early before she ran off to work the night shift, so I guess we both are just used to early bedtimes. Now, however, staying up past midnight gazing in a telescope proves to be a challenge. I'm constantly nodding off, both in that class AND History of Magic.

Ugh. HoM proves to be the most BORING class of all time. A few other students and I have already determined that. I have no idea how I'll get through the term--I can barely keep my eyes open.

Let's see--what other classes are there? Potions, which isn't really as hard as some people say it is. You just have to pay attention really well, be very careful, and make sure the other people at your table know what they're doing =p

We've only had a few lessons in Herebology, but it is quite interesting how the different plants can be used as magical remedies. It's definitely more exciting than I thought it would be.

And, finally, Defense Against The Dark Arts. What can I say? Supposedly the professor is new here, Professor Cornelius Lufkin. Our prefect Wisteria Lovegoods has taken him around on tours of the school, and already seems to be spending a lot of time with him. Hmmm. All the other older students seem infatuated with him as well, but as for me? I don't know what to say. There's something wrong about him--he seems a little creepy.

Well, I have to be going off to another class soon. History of Magic, to be exact. Wish me luck, though I'll probably fall asleep again. I just have a hunch.

1 comment:

Cassandra Puddlemere said...

Prof Lufkin can grow on you. He becomes more and more dreamy everyday., but don't tell Prof Snape. I don't want him to get jealous!