Saturday, June 7, 2008

Special Surprise and Hogsmeade!

I can't believe I haven't posted this before, but my Muggle camera was acting up. Digital cameras are evil, trust me. I wanted to wait until I could get pictures up before I played show-and-tell. Anyway, two weeks ago from Wednesday I received a special package in the mail from Clidonia--turns out she sent me a tiny, cute sock blocker key chain!



See?

It came with a pattern to make these tiny little socks as well, and it looks like a great way to use up my stash yarn. Thank you so much Clidonia! Sorry it took so long to post.

What else? Oh, yes, Hogsmeade was last weekend. You wouldn't imagine how much fun it was! I got all my homework done Friday night and woke up bright and early Saturday morning so I could be the first one in line for the trip! I overheard some other students chatting about secret ways to get into Hogsmeade, like underground tunnels and such, but I didn't feel like being daring and walked to Hogsmeade the normal way with all of the other students. Maybe next time I'll try the passageways ;)

When I got there I went straight to the candy shop, where I ended up purchasing a whole sack of sweets! I can't help it--Mum would never let me eat wizarding candy. I wanted to try some! I also sent Mum and my sister a letter from one of the owls at the Post Shop (giving my own owl a day off) and a new set of ink and quills at the shop down the street. Then, after popping my head in all the other shops, I met up with a few other students and sipped Butterbeer at The Three Broomsticks.

All in all, it was a wonderful visit. I only wish someone would open up a knitting shop in Hogsmeade--I miss the knitting shop back at home! But, perhaps it is a good thing. If a knitting shop did open up in Hogsmeade, I would probably spend the whole day inside it and miss out on all the other fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woohoo! I'm so glad it got there in one piece and that you like it!
and I was so involved in my essay, that I missed Hogsmeade! Oh, well, next time. Come and get me before you leave! I'm most likeley hanging in the common room!